Sunday, November 27, 2016

Armchair Musing

A conversation I once had with my auntie Edith -

'...wouldn't that be nice? I think it's important that these guys define what "afterlife" means. It seems like the argument is centered on the continuum of awareness after death. This is really hard to argue because we haven't fully understood the mechanisms of consciousness - some people may claim otherwise but I'm confident that's not really the case. I like to look at matters of life/death in the environment of poets. Dickinson said that "because it will never come again, is the reason life is so precious" or something to that effect. Just as you said, what if the next one is far worse? So many others have spent their lives ensuring that their next life would be better that they had forgotten to make the most out of the one they had here. It's tragic!'


No comments:

Post a Comment